The Amazon Superfruit Acai
(Euterpe Oleracea) is a small dark violet fruit that comes from an Amazonian rainforest palm tree.
The Acai berry is rich in nutrients, full of healthy and energetic properties. Therefore, it has gained a place amongst the superfruits.
These are its main benefits.
What can the acai do for you?
- Can combat free radicals with anthocyanin (due to the presence of vitamins A, C and minerals with a powerful anti-inflammatory effect);
- Can prevent cholesterol and the risk of heart disease with omegas.
|Antioxidant capacity, among the highest in nature.||Fights free radicals and helps repair cell damage.|
|Rich in iron source (4% GDA)||Strengthens the immune system.|
|Rich in iron source (4% GDA)||Improves the immune system.|
|Rich in calcium source (4% GDA)||Maintains healthy bones.|
|Vitamin A (11% GDA)||Maintains a healthy skin.|
|Vitamin C (2% GDA)||Strengthens the immune system.|
|Rich in fiber source||Improves bowel function.|
|High energy dose||Ideal for sports.|
Petruz Fruity has 35 years of experience in the field of acai harvesting and processing. In all this time we have learned a lot about this superfruit. Now we want to share everything with you.
The Acai Cycle
From the Amazon Forest to you.
Our açaí goes through a long journey in order for it to reach store shelves. It starts in the heart of the Amazon Forest and, afterwards, it experiences several processes that will only end once you begin to enjoy this delicious superfood. Check out our info graph and learn more about this process.
1. Collecting: Coming directly from the acai palm tree, the ripe fruit is naturally extracted by the riverside population.
2. Transportation: Acai is transported by boat to the port and a truck with good ventilation drives the acai to the factory.
3. Reception and Weighing: Upon arrival at the factory the acai berry is selected according to our quality standards and weighed.
4. Sanitation: In this step the acai berry is washed and sanitized, reducing the microbial load.
5. Pulping: The pulp is removed from the fruit and a specific amount of water is added for each type of acai: Special, Regular and Standard.
6. Pasteurization and Filling: In pasteurization, the pulp is heated and cooled, receiving a thermal shock that eliminates pathogenic microorganisms. Then the acai is put away in its packages.
7. Freezing and Storage: Acai is stored until completely frozen and then put into boxes for sale.
8. Shipping and Transportation: Following the Quality Control, Shipment and Vehicle Inspection steps, Petruz Fruity Acai is transported to the sale points, ready to be consumed by you.